Marketing Executive, Square Mile SportSquare Mile Sport
You will work on growing the Square Mile Sport group of brands by creating high quality, relevant content across a variety of formats, taking the lead on our social media activity and email campaign strategy, while developing and engaging with our growing community. With a ‘think outside of the box’ mentality, you will create compelling and original content and messaging designed to develop brand reach and engagement and to resonate with the health and wellbeing industry. You will be naturally creative, high energy, and enthusiastic about growing our brands and exploring new and different ways to engage our communities. Working alongside and supporting the wider marketing team, you will ensure consistency and brand alignment across marketing campaigns and messaging. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing business and work across multiple brands in the corporate sports, health, and wellbeing industry.>
Square Mile Sport (SMS) is dedicated to improving the health and well-being of all through shared memorable experiences that leave lasting positive social impact. Through its flagship global corporate event series, the Bloomberg Square Mile Relay, and its uniquely developed Bloomberg Square Mile Virtual Club, Square Mile Sport uses the power of exercise and social development to empower individuals, build teams and connect businesses in cities all across the world.
SMS is the owner and operator of the Bloomberg Square Mile Relay (BSMR), a global series of 12 events that brings corporate communities on to the streets for an immersive, collaborative and competitive experience right in the heart of the world’s largest financial districts including London, Singapore, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Beijing, Dubai, Sydney, New York, Tokyo, San Francisco, Sao Paulo, and Mumbai. With over 14,000 participants from 900+ companies each year, our aim is to connect businesses in the most engaging experiences that deliver on our commitment to improving wellbeing and improving local communities.
In 2020, in response to the pandemic, we launched our free-to-access Bloomberg Square Mile Virtual Club (BSMVC), which has over 4,000 members drawn from over 300 prestigious global companies, primarily in the Financial Services sector. Our aim was to be able to continue offering our community experiences to stay connected, engaged and also motivated to be active during the difficult and isolated times caused by the pandemic. Now with over 15 different activity types including running, cycling, yoga and meditation, members can earn points for themselves and their company by undertaking these activities, to move up city and global ranking leader boards, as well as unlock donations to go to a charity partner in their city as part of The Extra Mile charity programme.
You will work on growing the Square Mile Sport group of brands by creating high quality, relevant content across a variety of formats, taking the lead on our social media activity and email campaign strategy, while developing and engaging with our growing community.
With a ‘think outside of the box’ mentality, you will create compelling and original content and messaging designed to develop brand reach and engagement and to resonate with the health and wellbeing industry. You will be naturally creative, high energy, and enthusiastic about growing our brands and exploring new and different ways to engage our communities.
Working alongside and supporting the wider marketing team, you will ensure consistency and brand alignment across marketing campaigns and messaging. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing business and work across multiple brands in the corporate sports, health, and wellbeing industry.
This role reports into the Head of Marketing & Communications.
- Work independently and with different teams to create content for the various marketing channels, including website copy, email campaigns, social media, blogs and articles, case studies, white papers and reports, and press releases
- Manage social media channels to optimise engagement, reach and follower growth
- Create and manage a marketing content plan to engage audiences, drive brand reach, and grow industry presence
- Create and manage email marketing campaigns across numerous databases and brands, identifying cross-sell opportunities and optimising engagement
- Work closely with design team to create compelling creative
- Liaise with third party partners, sponsors and agencies to assist in the effective representation of the brand at live races and events
- Liaise with the product team around new product features and releases and create relevant content for these as part of our overall content plan
- Analyse and report on performance using relevant platform data to provide insights and develop strategic recommendations
- Be on the lookout for new content and research on industry-related topics to drive leads and community engagement
- Ensure all copy and communications are on-brand and on-message
- Assist in the sourcing and production of user/client content in multiple different mediums (blog contributions, video etc)
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- 2+ years’ experience in a marketing executive role, preferably in a B2B company
- Excellent understanding of social media channels, including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, and how to apply social strategy to individual channels
- Strong experience of email campaign creation, set-up and management of automation flows, and personalisation
- Competent at researching subject matter, industry reports, and conducting social listening
- Outstanding copywriting skills with the ability to adapt the tone of voice dependent on brand and platform
- Great at brainstorming to develop engaging and creative content that is industry and community-relevant
- Strong community engagement skills
- A creative flair for new campaign/content ideas
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Confidence to develop relationships with clients, partners, community members and PR outreach
- Experience with Google Analytics, Sprout Social, Mailchimp, Hubspot desirable
- A strong background in content writing and marketing with proven writing for web/digital experience
- Energy, enthusiasm, and self-drive
- Ability to embrace and adapt to change
- Hungry to learn and progress
- Excellent team player
What it’s like to work with us
It’s all about the team at Square Mile Sport. We enjoy working together to deliver a world-class experience for our clients and we place a high value on bonding as a team over shared experiences.
We are energetic and enthusiastic, dedicated to performing at our best, supporting others to do the same and, as a result, we continue to push the boundaries of what our event experiences and our products can offer. We want people to work with us who find the fast-paced environment exciting and meaningful, who see opportunities where others might not, and who challenge us rethink what and how we do things.
We value diversity and strive to foster a working environment that is inclusive, supportive and ensures that everyone is heard and valued for their contributions. We know that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace is one that is competitive and resilient. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, cultures, and experiences.
Basis, Salary & Benefits
Permanent, full-time; Mon-Fri inclusive.
We are currently operating a hybrid working approach with 3 days in the office and 2 days from home.
Basic salary range: £24,000 - £28,000
Company bonus, pension, option of private healthcare and additional benefits.
More about SMS
Our mission is to improve health and well-being through shared meaningful experiences that leave lasting positive social impact.
We are now at an extremely exciting phase of being able to once again start planning for the return of live events later this year following postponement during the COVID pandemic, as well as continuing to grow and develop our Virtual Club offering to run alongside our live event experiences, which is accelerating the growth of our team.
Square Mile Sport is part of Benchmark, a business investing in people and ideas that inspire and deliver experiences, connections, and impact. Benchmark is an open and inclusive environment. We embrace our talent's personal and professional ambitions, we provide a launchpad for our people's careers and work together to bring a fulfilling experience to our teams. We will only meet our goals if we are a place where people thrive, develop and lead. Just like the communities and networks we create, ‘Togetherness’ lies at the heart of the way we operate. We’re looking for people who share our values:
We are experienced and come prepared. We deliver world-class work. We exceed expectations. We do what we say.
We are captivated by our work. We ask the necessary questions. We push beyond the present and hope to create a better future. We infuse energy and invention into everything we do.
We thrive on collaboration, we share, we support, and we are honest about our successes and challenges.
Please upload your CV and a cover letter which sets out your skills and experience that make you the right fit for the role.
03 January 2022