Head of Content & MarketingSport Industry Group
The Head of Content & Marketing will lead on Sport Industry Group brand positioning and all content output whether that be live events on stage, owned digital channels or earned media. As part of a small team, the successful candidate will also assist the Managing Director and senior management team in developing new content streams and events and have the opportunity to get involved with all aspects of the business including event delivery, business development, and more. The right candidate will have an eye for creative marketing opportunities in the sporting calendar, an enigmatic tone of voice, be creatively minded and be passionate and knowledgeable about the sport industry.>
Location: Central London with option to work remotely 1-2 days per week
Duration: Permanent, Full Time
Reports to: Managing Director, Sport Industry Group
Direct reports: Content & Marketing Executive
Deadline for applications: 26th September 2021
Sport Industry Group sits at the very heart of the UK sport sector, supporting business by bringing the industry together through a series of world-class events, leading editorial content, and by uniting a genuinely unparalleled network of influential figures from across the British and international sporting landscape.
The Head of Content & Markteting will lead on Sport Industry Group brand positioning and all content output whether that be live events on stage, owned digital channels or earned media. As part of a small team, the successful candidate will manage the Content & Marketing Executive and assist the Managing Director and senior management team in developing new content streams and events. There will be the opportunity to get involved with all aspects of the business including event delivery, business development, and more.
The right candidate will have an eye for creative marketing opportunities in the sporting calendar, an enigmatic tone of voice,be creatively minded and be passionate and knowledgeable about the sport industry.
1. Oversee all live content across all Sport Industry Group properties (including but not limited to the Sport Industry Awards, Sport Industry NextGen, Sport Industry Spotlight, Sport Industry Private Dining Club and Sports Podcast Awards). You will set the content agenda, source speakers and oversee creative film production.
2. Oversee all digital content channels (including but not limited to: www.sportindustry.biz, Sport Industry Daily and Informer newsletters, www.sportspodcastawards.com and multiple social media channels). You will manage the Content & Marketing Executive, who will be responsible for the daily editorial output of timely and relevant news articles and sourcing and conducting interviews with senior industry figures, working together to set the editorial calendar. You will also be responsible for working with our partners on the co-creation of content.
3. Lead a redesign of Sport Industry Group’s content output. We are looking to re-design the look and feel of the editorial output. You will be expected to take ownership in giving this a rebrand, including redesigning the website/newsletter, assessing our TOV and making any necessary changes to bring more vibrancy and life to Sport Industry Group’s editorial and wider brand.
4. Maintaining and updating Sport Industry Awards category and criteria in conjunction with the Managing Director, senior team, and external industry advisors. Develop contacts to further relationships across the industry including agencies, brands, media, rights holders, suppliers, and more.
5. Communications lead responsible for enhancing the reputation and perception of Sport Industry Group, through key partnerships and proactive media outreach. Writing and distributing press releases and general media relations to promote announcements, launches, events, and initiatives. You will manage external agencies as required as well as manage media attendance at events.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- A minimum of five years’ sport industry experience giving an in-depth understanding of the sector
- An interest and ability to spot the changing trends in the sport industry
- Significant marketing experience, preferably but not essentially in the business-to-business sector
- Confident in creating and delivering the content strategy across events, marketing, communications; delivering our own messages and helping source and craft those from external stakeholders too.
- An existing network of sport industry and media contacts
- The ability to reach the most senior figures in the sport industry with excellent relationship management experience and interpersonal skills
- Must be creatively-minded, with a keen eye for design and an ability to lead the visual identity of a brand
- Some knowledge of the podcast industry is preferred, but not essential
What it’s like to work with us
At Sport Industry Group, you’ll sit within the beating heart of the sport industry – spending each and every day interacting with rightsholders, brands, agencies, and talent, and supporting one of the UK’s world-leading sectors. You’ll join an entrepreneurial and exciting team that prides itself on innovation and forward thinking, where everyone is given the chance to grow, take charge and expand the business.
At Benchmark, we value diversity and strive to foster a working environment that is inclusive, supportive and ensures that everyone is heard and valued for their contributions. We know that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace is one that is competitive and resilient. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, cultures, and experiences.
About Sport Industry Group
Sport Industry Group sits at the very heart of the UK sport sector, bringing the industry together through a series of world-class events, leading editorial content, and by uniting a genuinely unparalleled network of influential figures from across the British and international sporting landscape.
Sport Industry Group is the essential sports news website for industry professionals, while the Sport Industry Daily and Sport Industry Informer newsletters are must-reads for anyone across the sector. On social more than 30,000 followers keep up to date and engage with @SportIndustry on Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
The Sport Industry Awardsis now the most prestigious commercial sports awards in Europe and the industry’s flagship event - attended by 1,700 high profile guests from the British and international sport industry including business leaders, celebrities, sporting legends and media. Meanwhile, in 2021, the Sport Podcast Awardslaunched celebrating the success of one of the industry’s fastest growing mediums and unite the sport podcasting community under one umbrella, with entries accepted from across the globe.
Sport Industry NextGen has become the industry’s leading professional development programme – identifying, rewarding, and developing the leaders of tomorrow. Aimed at professionals aged 30 and younger, Sport Industry NextGen gives a new cohort each year access to unrivalled networks, training and development and in 2021 celebrated its sixth year.
As well as the above, Sport Industry Group is proud to regularly support the industry through:
Sport Industry Slack, connecting the industry every day.
Sport Industry Jobs, bringing short term opportunities to the freelancers of our sector.
Sport Industry Private Dining Club, creating content-filled evenings for the industry to network.
Sport Industry Spotlight & Bespoke Events, hosting curated content panels and events for partners across the sector.
We are also committed to promoting diversity, inclusion and equality both internally and across the entire sport industry.
Sport Industry Group is part of Benchmark, a business investing in people and ideas that inspire and deliver experiences, connections, and impact. Benchmark is an open and inclusive environment. We embrace our talent's personal and professional ambitions, we provide a launchpad for our people's careers and work together to bring a fulfilling experience to our teams. We will only meet our goals if we are a place where people thrive, develop and lead. Just like the communities and networks we create, ‘Togetherness’ lies at the heart of the way we operate. We’re looking for people who share our values:
We are experienced and come prepared. We deliver world-class work. We exceed expectations. We do what we say.
We are captivated by our work. We ask the necessary questions. We push beyond the present and hope to create a better future. We infuse energy and invention into everything we do.
We thrive on collaboration, we share, we support, and we are honest about our successes and challenges.
Please submit a CV and cover letter as to why you would be the right candidate for this role. Within your covering letter please include links to any relevant examples of previous work.
Deadline to apply is Midnight 26th September.
26 September 2021