Marketing and Communications Strategist / Manager, thinkBeyondthinkBeyond
We are seeking a highly-skilled Digital Marketing and Communications Manager, with significant experience in strategy creation for renowned brands, who can provide both creative inputs, as well as have the ability to deliver on those strategies. The position works collaboratively across a diverse range of clients and industries.>
Summary of the role
thinkBeyond is a fast-growing agency that provides consultancy and strategy delivery to global brands, sports teams, leagues, rights holders, federations, talent, media and governments who want to leverage sport to exceed their business goals and ignite positive social change. Our clients include the likes of ESPN, NFL, Special Olympics, Michael Johnson, NBA, Legal & General, Carl Frampton, Euroleague Basketball, Comic Relief, the Commonwealth Games Federation and WWE.
Spun off from the global sport for social change movement, Beyond Sport, thinkBeyond has grown significantly since its inception in 2014, increasing its staff, resources and clients to deliver on programs and initiatives around the world.
We are seeking a highly-skilled Digital Marketing and Communications Manager, with significant experience in strategy creation for renowned brands, who can provide both creative inputs, as well as have the ability to deliver on those strategies. The position works collaboratively across a diverse range of clients and industries.
There are three main elements of the role:
1. Client marketing and comms strategy - creation
- Develop and package integrated marketing strategies in response to RFPs, client briefs and requests, creating compelling communications elements from development through design
- Clearly articulate creative ideas through well thought out and well written presentations
- Stay current on market, competition and trends, including analysing current marketing and communications tactics, concepts, practices and procedures in order to apply them to client proposals
2. Client marketing and comms strategy - delivery
- Execute high quality, multi-channel narratives and communications plans and strategies for clients that are on time and on budget
- Utilize web analytics and A/B testing to optimize campaigns and conversions, as well as user engagement, using all applicable tools. Stay up-to-date on current web marketing tools, systems, plugins, and best practices and implement as needed
- Utilise existing relationships across media, public affairs, freelance creatives, vendors and suppliers, whilst consistently developing new relationships in this space, in order to put plans into action
- Produce thought leadership pieces for clients, placing them in the market where appropriate
3. Overseeing the thinkBeyond brand
- Lead on thinkBeyond’s Position & Communicate service, enhancing the existing service proposition in line with market opportunity and need
- Create and activate on strategy for thinkBeyond’s online presence (website, social media etc) in collaboration with MarComms colleagues
- Work with internal stadd and external vendors to position the brand effectively
- Support Beyond Sport (with sister company) digital marketing strategy creation
Knowledge, Experience, Skills & Abilities
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in marketing delivery and strategy creation – with focus on digital marketing
- A strategic thinker with strong attention to detail and the big picture who can manage a program from inception to delivery, comprehending goals, interacting with clients, developing creative plans and executing for measurable results
- Experience working with renowned brands and in client-facing agency role
- Strong business acumen that translates into the ability to understand a client’s business goals and their bigger picture needs in order to advise on effective concepts and strategies to achieve the objectives
- Intuitive client service, concept / presentation development, project management and measurement skills
- Experience managing projects and demonstrable track record of driving change and innovation
- Excellent writing and social media skills
- Experience using a CMS and additional marketing and communications software and hardware
- Strong project and relationship management skills
- International perspective – aware of what it takes to work across the globe
- Knowledgeable of digital trends, insights and resources
- Experience working with influencers and/or celebrities preferred
- Advertising, Communications, Sponsorship/Account Management and/or Entertainment property experience highly desirable
- Network/industry vendors, creative existing network (a plus)
Other Competencies & Characteristics
- Energetic & enthusiastic
- Proactive & tenacious team player
- Organised worker, logical thinker & calm approach, especially under pressure
- Efficient & meticulous multi-tasker
- Flexible, confident, honest & discreet
- Self-driven & motivated work ethic
- Strong, clear and concise communication skills - verbal, written & interpersonal
- Efficient planning and organisation, ability to work to tight and conflicting deadlines
- Modern, bright office in the heart of Holborn, London
- Private Healthcare Insurance
- Thursday snacks and drinks
- Monthly breakfast with the team
- Complimentary yoga classes
thinkBeyond which provides strategic consultancy to brands, sports teams, leagues, sports federations, talent and governments who want to do good business and create positive social change. We leverage the power of sport to create unique opportunities for brands and companies to connect with their communities and consumers and our proud to work with some of the world’s most successful and socially-conscious businesses, governments and organizations.
Beyond Sport, thinkBeyond’s sister company, is the global force for sustainable social change through sport, instilling energy, insight and impact in communities around the world. The organisation leverages sport to promote and advocate, convening key stakeholders, building networks and delivering events educating on sport’s role in society and collaborating on solutions to pressing social issues. In addition, our Foundation celebrates and funds projects using sport to achieve the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Together, Beyond Sport and thinkBeyond have activated client partnerships, advised industry leaders and delivered programming around the world. Our global footprint, comprising over 2,800 organizations, in 154 countries, working with 56 sports, gives us the insight, experience, credibility and network to deliver impactful strategies, robust project management and compelling events. canyouthinkeyond.com
What it's like to work with us
We’re constantly growing, innovating, creating and delivering. And while we have offices on two continents (in NYC and London) and mount projects in cities all over the world, we are a team that is close-knit, caring and dedicated – both to our work and to supporting each other. We travel to amazing places together and deliver groundbreaking events for exciting clients or together with forward-thinking partners. normal'>We witness first hand how sport can change lives, but we are also ingratiated in the commercial and business side of sport and social responsibility, making our position unique. Since our inception in 2009, we’ve never had a year like the one previous. Every year is different – new cities, projects, partners. That said, every year, there is more and more to do – and yet we still deliver to our highest standard. normal'>We want people to work with us who find this environment exciting and meaningful. Who see opportunities everywhere. Who always think we can do better. And who have fresh and new perspectives on how the world should be doing things.
thinkBeyond is part of Benchmark, a holdings company that invests in and creates purpose-driven businesses.
The growth of the group has been driven by the importance that we attach to innovative thinking and our continuous investment in turning our ideas into tangible assets. Original idea creation ensures that we carve out niches in exciting and growing market sectors. As an entrepreneurial company, Benchmark has developed a reputation for building prestigious sports brands from the ground up and is now responsible for some of the biggest flagship events in sport, business, entertainment and philanthropy.
Learn more about Benchmark’s group: www.wearebenchmark.com/
03 March 2020